Roasted Vegetables & Goats Cheese Puff Pastry Recipe
I cooked this Roasted Vegetables and Goats cheese puff pasty tart last week for my family, we have it occasionally its very tasty, light and healthy and doesn't take very long to prepare and cook.
1 Puffed pastry ready rolled sheet (I use Jus-rol)
Sun dried tomato paste (or Tomato purée)
Peppers, Tomatoes, Red Onion
Goats cheese (or mozzarella)
1 egg to glaze pastry
- Cut up peppers and onion, drizzle olive oil over them and bake in the oven. Take them out when they are half cooked which is around 15 minutes.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and put on baking paper
- Spread the tomato purée on the pastry leaving a 2cm border around the edge
- Chop baby tomatoes in half and scatter the cooled down vegetables onto the pastry
- Break up chunks of cheese and scatter around the vegetables
- Beat an egg and brush the edges of the pastry
- Put in the oven for around 15-18 minutes, keep checking and take it out when the edges of the pastry have risen and become golden and crispy.
If the taste of goats cheese is too strong for you, then use another cheese like mozzarella which I actually prefer myself. You could use the Rosemary and Thyme ready rolled puff pastry from Jus-rol to add to the look and taste, also you could sprinkle some fennel among the vegetables to make it look and taste more delicious. I wouldn't overload the pastry but put as much vegetables and cheese on as you like, or add other ingredients like sweetcorn or mushrooms depending on what you prefer.