Thing's to do in California
10 popular sightseeing attractions in california
Last year during my time in Las Vegas, I went on a 'Vegas to Hollywood' day trip with Quality Tours of Las Vegas and had an amazing day, travelling around California seeing all the popular tourist attractions. So here's a list of places I recommend going too, all pictures are mine and you can see more on my travel diary posts here for more inspiration. (You can check out my travel videos on my YouTube Channel.)
1. Warner Brother Studios, is the first place we stopped off at on the tour. It would have been great to have sat in the live studio watching my favourite TV show The Big Bang Theory get recorded, you can get tickets from TV tickets, seeing the Friends set would have been a really cool experience too.
2. Visiting the Hollywood Sign is an obvious tourist attraction, there's lots of different locations to get a different view of the sign, and the views of downtown LA are beautiful.
3. Walking the walk of fame on Hollywood Boulevard, is another must do tourist attraction. The strip is buzzing, it has such a great atmosphere, music and lots of places to check out, seeing the Grauman's Chinese Theatre was pretty cool as it has the celebrity hand-prints. I ate lunch at Hard Rock Cafe which was delicious, there was also a lovely coffee shop almost opposite it which was really lovely too.
4. If your a fan of the movie Pretty Women, then going to Rodeo Drive and checking out all the designer shops and seeing the hotel where the movie was filmed is pretty cool. Around the corner from Rodeo Drive there is a big 'Beverly Hills' sign and next to it there's a tree that people have carved their names into which was cute to see.
5. I went on a celebrity house spotting tour around Holmby Hills, where Kim Khardashian, the Playboy mansion, Micheal Jackson, Paris Hilton, and Charlie Sheen live. So if your really into your celebrities or simply just want to drool over the amazing houses I recommend going on a tour.
6. Visiting Santa Monica beach was the last thing I did on the tour, and it was fantastic, the sun was going down and it was a great way to reflect on the day and take everything in, I stood at the end of the pier and listened to a guy playing guitar while taking in all the beautiful views.
These are a couple of things I never got the chance to do during my time in California, but when I next go they will definitely be first on my to do list.
7. Lake Tahoe is a large freshwater lake in Sierra Nevada, along the border between California and Nevada. My tour guide told us about this place as we were passing through, I have heard about it before but since checking out some pictures of it, it looks like a beautiful place and somewhere I would love to visit in the future.
8. If your like me and like to do a bit of hiking around somewhere with stunning views, than Griffith Park is a large urban park you can walk around and take in the beautiful sights of Los Angeles.
9. San Francisco, is a place I have always wanted to visit. Going over the golden gate bridge would be pretty cool and checking out the views from Lands End. Plus going on a tram around Union Square and Fisherman's Wharf is a must.
10. San Diego is a place that was recommended to me, when I got chatting to people in our hotel. It has a Sea World, Zoo and a Safari. There's also an Old Town San Diego State Historic Park which has lots of Mexican restaurants and museums.
Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood is a must see tourist attraction too!
Fancy reading more travel posts?