Neal's Yard Remedies - Beauty Balls - Healthy Snacks
INGREDIANTS WITH SKINCARE BENEFITS
Recently, I went to an event at Neal's Yard Remedies for their new store opening in the Grand Central Birmingham, they kindly gave me a pack of beauty balls to take home and make. The beauty balls are a perfect healthy alternative for snacking on-the-go. They are packed full of antioxidant, skin-loving goodness and slow release energy to keep you going all day.
My beauty balls didn't turn out like the picture because I didn't blend them like the directions tell you to, I wanted to have them more like Cadbury's clusters, so they were crunchy and chewy from the almonds and goji berries.
- Almonds - 1 cup - Great source of protein & energy boosting
- Chia seeds - 4 teaspoons - Contributes to healthy skin cells
- Desiccated Coconut - 4 tablespoons - Source of good fats
- Cacao powder - 4 tablespoons - Good source of sulphur for beauty
- Goji berries - 4 tablespoons - Rich in antioxidants
- Medjool dates - 10 dates - Mineral-rich sweetener and fibre rich
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon - Instant energy boost
- Soak the almonds in water overnight, dry and grind in blender
- Chop the dates roughly and de-pit
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth and sticky.
- Roll into any size balls, they can make approx 20 small balls then finally dust with cacao powder.
- They will keep for a week in the fridge.